Customer Support Lead APAC
MESSAGEBIRD PTE. LTD.
S$6500 - S$10000
Customer Care Support Lead
MessageBird is transforming the communications landscape as one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world. Our cloud communications platform makes it possible for businesses to instantly connect with over 7 billion phones globally, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Our suite provides access to all major messaging channels, from SMS and Voice to WeChat, Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp, and more. We provide out-of-the-box solutions with our own applications like Inbox and Flow Builder, plus a robust set of APIs that simplify workflows and automation.
With over 20,000 customers — including some of the world’s biggest brands like Facebook, Deliveroo, Uber, and WhatsApp — it’s likely that you’ve benefited from MessageBird’s omnichannel technology at some point. For small and mid-sized businesses, we also offer support and solutions through an Online Self-Serve (OSS) dashboard.
Our global team is a powerhouse of 350+ employees, who work across eight international offices. We’re excited that you’re here and interested to #jointhenest
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Customer Care Support Lead
As the Customer Support Lead, you’ll ensure that the team is prepared to handle a wide range of questions from our thousands of customers. With your solid technical background and ability to pick up new technologies quickly, you’re able to train and manage a team of team members that range from a fresh grad to a seasoned technical support specialist.
Members of our Support Team are the proud frontline of this company. The team plays an important role in keeping our global Omni-Channel Communications platforms running smoothly. Whenever one of our many APIs, a dashboard, or one of our SaaS products, you will ensure the team is prepared to provide our customers with First Class Support! Our Support Team is there to break down the issue and make sure we find an appropriate solution in a timely manner. You and the team are prepared to handle both non-technical as well as highly complex technical issues.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious global teams out there. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What you’ll do
- You’re the voice of the company, and interact in a friendly, professional, and personal way to customer escalations
- You are a people manager at heart; you will manage, coach, lead and inspire a group of high potential employees
- Roll your sleeves up and tackle customer backlog of tickets if necessary, take a customer escalation after-hours and ensure sales and leadership is kept informed.
- You have excellent analytical skills and know-how to prioritize and delegate tasks
- You can work independently but know where to find and ask for information when it’s missing (Go & get it!)
What you’ll bring
- Solid understanding of the telecom and/or software industry
- 5+ years of experience in a Support-related role at a global technology company
- 3+ years of experience managing teams in a posts-sales environment
- Experience with onboarding, training and scaling up a global customer support team
- You’re able to conduct regular, standardized quality checks and provide constructive feedback.
- Experienced in managing both up and down, ensuring alignment with the company’s goals, and translating these into actionable targets.
- A proven track record of hiring and developing great talent to be the next stars of the team.
Psst … some added perks
- Top-notch work equipment (including Bose headphones!)
- Work from Home office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed
- The occasional company-wide and team outings
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
Closing on 13 Oct 2021