Cybersecurity Research Engineer
DEFENCE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
We are looking for innovative engineers and developers to join our Cybersecurity Programme Centre in the following role:
- Conduct research to gain in-depth understanding of Windows, Linux, iOS, Android operating system architecture (kernel and subsystems) and how their subsystems could be exploited by malware
- Conduct analysis and reverse engineering of emerging malware defence technologies and validate their effectiveness for protecting various systems such as enterprise servers, computers, mobile devices and network communication
- Perform information security assessments through code audit, black box testing, reverse engineering, proof-of-concept simulations and malware analysis
- Develop and maintain security testing framework
- Develop new techniques and tools to enhance effectiveness of the framework
Candidates can look forward to a comprehensive training and development programme to prepare them for an exciting role in Cybersecurity Programme Centre.
- Tertiary qualification in Infocomm Security, Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or related fields
- High proficiency in C++, Java, C# and/or Python, data structures, algorithms and software engineering methodologies
- Knowledge of Assembly would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Windows, Android and/or Linux operating system
- Experience with cryptography, network security, application security and/or machine learning
Closing on 26 Jun 2021