Data Engineer - Learning Technologies Development
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
As Data Engineer, you will partner subject matter experts from the colleges and external parties to perform advanced analytics based on data that are generated in the system for various programmes, e.g. PET students’ participation in their internship programmes with companies in different industries, students’ learning behavior with resources and activities in learning management system, students’ competency levels ranging from foundation to mastery levels in adaptive learning systems. These data can be structured or unstructured data from different sources.
You will work closely with our team of Instructional Design Specialist and System Analyst to gather user requirement; design and develop use cases; customize, test and implement dashboards that are relevant to different stakeholders.
You are expected to extract, prepare, transform and load data into an analytics software; build AI model with predictive capabilities; and create visual dashboards to present data that are relevant to different groups of stakeholders.
• Support analysis of data for different stakeholders to gain insights into students’ learning behavior, performance gaps and learning needs in the various programmes relating to internships, learning management and adaptive learning systems
• Provide training and consultancy to different stakeholders on how to use the dashboards
• Conduct knowledge transfer on data analytics and AI modelling to staff
• Skills and knowledge in software engineering, programming languages used for statistical modeling and analysis, data warehousing solutions, and building data pipelines.
• A strong foundation in mathematics and statistics. Skills & knowledge in statistical modelling software and programming languages that support model development, data mining, manipulation, aggregation and visualization is a bonus.
• Suitable credentials in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• Practical experiences in data analytics projects (including text analytics) or AI projects for at least two years would be an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021