Developer Relations Engineer, Android & Google Play Singapore
GOOGLE ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD.
Permanent, Full Time
S$5000 - S$10000
The role: Developer Relations Engineer, Android & Google Play - Singapore
Android Developer Relation’s mission is to help developers around the world build great apps with the latest Android and Google Play features. We advocate for developers as Android and Google Play evolve by working with Product teams on the future of Android. As a team, we sit within the Android developer organization, and our team members include engineers, technical writers, and program managers.
As a Developer Relations Engineer, you will write code that is used by developers. You will create and deliver content to help them learn and shape the direction of Android APIs, grow the Android developer community, and more. On this highly cross-functional team, you will work with partners in Engineering, Marketing, other partner-facing teams and with Android developers in the community.
While much of our output is content, engineering is at the heart of everything we do. In order to teach developers how to use these technologies, we first have to understand them deeply ourselves, and as “customer zero”, you may be the first developer to ever build something with a new API.
Through these experiences and through conversations with developers, you'll lead changes to improve the developer experience on Android.
- Partner with one or more Product teams across Android and Google Play to help developers successfully use the latest features, tools, and APIs being produced by these teams.
- Be the “customer zero” of new developer products and provide feedback to help shape the developer experience on Android.
- Produce sample code for new APIs and tools.
- Create content including: tutorials, screencasts, videos, blog posts, podcasts, and more.
- Interact with developers (i.e., in the Southeast Asia region in particular), through events, community forums and social media.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of professional experience in Android development.
- Experience in developing with Java and/or Kotlin (mobile or non-mobile).
- Experience in developer relations and/or with teaching (e.g., professionally or as a volunteer).
- Experience working with technical third-parties or partners.
- Strong written communication skills with experience writing blogs and/or articles.
- Active track record in the Android community.
- Comfortable giving talks in a public forum (or desire to learn).
- Ability to speak and write fluently in English, and one of the following languages: Indonesian, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, to foster and develop key relationships with new and existing Indonesian, Mandarin Chinese, or Vietnamese-speaking developer communities in the Southeast Asian region.
Closing on 18 Sep 2021