DevOps Engineer - #TeSA
SINGAPORE TELECOMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
S$3500 - S$7000
Singtel is Asia's leading communications technology group, providing a portfolio of services from next-generation communication, technology services to infotainment to both consumers and businesses.
We are a major communications player in Asia Pacific through our strategic investments in regional mobile operators, Telkomsel (Indonesia), Globe Telecom (the Philippines), Advanced Info Service (Thailand) and Bharti Airtel (India), which has significant presence in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Africa.
This job role is supported by the structured development programme for mid-career professionals under the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) initiative, led by Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) and Workforce Singapore (WSG).
The programme aims to provide Singaporeans aged 40 and above with a tech-related job while being reskilled or upskilled. Mid-career professionals will have the assurance of being employed in a paid job while attending structured Company-Led Training for in-demand tech skills. They will also gain experience in a tech role to tap into the good careers that the infocomm sector offers.
For more information on the programme, please visit www.imtalent.sg/TeSAMidCareer
- Design, build and maintain the software development pipeline automation with its related tool sets (e.g. JIRA, GIT/BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus, etc.) to enable Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Design and implement the infrastructure and operating environment for container based microservices that meet the agreed high availability, performance and security requirements.
- Design and develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Work closely with development teams or other internal teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, security and operability in mind.
- Support and ensure that the software releases are align with the organization’s internal software release and deployment process.
- Facilitate and support the troubleshooting or root cause analysis of platform issues or incidents with other internal teams.
- Proactively monitor and identify opportunities for automation, process improvement and architecture simplification for the platforms
- Participate in project planning and management activities.
- Research and develop prototype using the latest, most relevant technologies and trend for continuous improvement of the platform
Idle candidate must have
- At least 1 to 3 years of working experience in DevOps automation, containerization and orchestration.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development automation tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Nexus, Jenkins, SoapUI, SonarQube)
- Strong understanding and experience in virtualization and networking in a container environment, such as OpenShift/Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of cloud computing/container deployment and management such as AWS/Azure/OpenStack etc
- Breadth of knowledge – OS, system administration, networking, infrastructure, storage, distributed computing, cloud computing
- Strong understanding and practice Agile projects (such as SCRUM/KANBAN) and the usage of related tools such as JIRA.
- Programming knowledge in Java
- Good teamwork, Good interpersonal and negotiation skill, working independently is essential
To all recruitment agencies: Singtel Group does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Singtel Group employees or any other company location. Singtel Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Closing on 26 Feb 2021