PROPERTYGURU PTE. LTD.
Part Time, Permanent
S$10000 - S$14000
Make A Real Difference At PropertyGuru.
Real Aspirations. Real People. Real impact.
At PropertyGuru Group, we believe that every person – no matter what their circumstance – should have a place to call home. That’s why we’ve been on a mission to transform how people find, finance, and own home across Southeast Asia over the last 13 years.
Voted by property seekers as “Asia’s Most Influential Brand for Online Property Search”, PropertyGuru enables real-world aspirations through digital transformation and constant innovation. Every day, the work that we do has a real and positive impact on thousands of lives.
As an employee, you’ll be empowered by our community work culture, where everyone has the autonomy, support, and resources to do the best work of their careers. As we evolve our journey to help people make confident property decisions, we stay true to our core values to guide the way we work and the decisions we make every step of the way: we own it and deliver it, we have fun and celebrate success, we respect and care for each other, we push beyond good, and we create what’s next.
You have a passion for your craft and a strong desire to grow as a professional. You are excited by the challenges of enormous complexity and have the leadership ability to motivate a team of software engineers to take those challenges head-on.
You have a strong feeling of good software design and architecture. You know through experience that the software lifecycle doesn’t end with committing the code into the repository.
You strongly believe that effective communication and collaboration is key to building great software products.
Engineering managers at PropertyGuru provide the leadership needed to build high-quality features and products that help millions of people in Southeast Asia find their dream home.
- Provide technical leadership to major projects, build and lead a high-performance engineering team of 8-12 engineers.
- Be responsible for engineering roadmap and execution from concept to delivery.
- Together with your team, architect, and design technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Convey the vision of design to various stakeholders. Work closely with other Engineering Leaders, Product Management and Lifecycle Marketing, and enable them by providing scalable and high-quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
- Inspire and encourage the team while ensuring that team dynamics continue to be healthy and that team cohesion is high.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself.
- Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback
- 10-12 years of software development experience, with at least 2 years in managerial/leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA from premier institutes preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English, spoken and written - Communicates effectively in all situations and creates an environment of open and effective communication.
- Strong decision-making skills, metric-driven operations, and the ability to motivate and maximize productivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands-on technical experience with architecting and building large scale, highly available production level consumer applications.
- Proven experience of working with the legacy codebase.
- Significant knowledge and experience with various development practices, programming languages, technologies.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of the organization with key stakeholders.
PropertyGuru Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative and learning environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to gender, identity, race, religion, nationality, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status, per applicable law. If there is anything we can do to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
For a full listing of our jobs, visit https://careers.propertygurugroup.com
Closing on 21 Oct 2021