Field Commerce Executive APJ
VMWARE SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
S$21000 - S$40000
VMware is seeking a Senior Leader to work with its APJ Field Commerce Team. The team is responsible for shaping some of the largest and most complex deals in the industry ensuring customer success on their Digital Transformation.
VMware is extending the reach of the Field Commerce Executives Team. We are building on the success of the current Team in EMEA and North America who drive large & complex deals acting as core part of VMware. This role will compliment a small focused executive team providing insight and guidance during CXO conversations that are both credible and creative based on real life industry experience.
The key deliverable is to increase major deals by focusing on business value whilst building strategic relationships at CXO level within customers. In addition, the role is expected to help create, shape and evolve a commercial function to elevate the value and conversations VMware brings to organizations globally.
The Field Commerce Executive Team is pivotal in combining business strategies with complex commercial and technical constructs bringing value to the customer as well as VMware. The role will involve agility and flexibility from a commercial perspective whilst ensuring rigorous governance and control mechanisms.
The Field Commerce Executive will be charged with engaging at CXO level, presenting to boards where appropriate to help organisations understand the value and business benefit VMware brings. The successful candidate will be a senior leader (CXO) in the banking/financial services/fintech industries with an exceptional commercial and operational track record in the South-East Asia region. The person would demonstrate a deep understanding of the financial services and banking value chain and operations in SE Asia – ideally Singapore, China, Korea and Japan. The candidate would also have relationships with senior leaders in different organizations in the financial services ecosystem in this region. The Field Commerce Executive must demonstrate experience in delivering major transformation programs potentially inclusive of Operations, Outsourcing, Offshoring and developing new commercial models.
The candidate should be based out of Singapore and have a strong working knowledge of Mandarin and/or Cantonese.
- Ensure an increase in value for delivery of complex deals by ensuring key CXO stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of the value of Vmware
- Support pipeline creation for major deals ($5M - $10m+) ensuring current and future targets are exceeded
- Shape and build a Commercial team with the other FCE (Field Commerce execs) to ensure the capability scales and will deliver significant value.
- Create commercial structures focussed on customer needs to enable strong growth supporting customer value in all deals.
- Support GAM’s and other senior enterprise sales leads offering the customer perspective providing constructive feedback to help develop capability and understanding.
- Create and manage a programmatic capability including all relevant artefacts to help scale this capability
- Establish and embed customer business case templates to assist in the execution and promotion of complex deals
- Senior Executive with an embedded background in the Financial Services/Banking/Fintech Industries in SE Asia.
- Held a CXO level role in major global/regional organizations
- Led large scale transformational programs, launched new business platforms and driven cost reduction initiatives in major organizations
- Strong commercial acumen capable of creating, developing and challenging transformational business cases.
- Senior leader and highly motivated who takes initiative and drives through strategy to execution
- Highly trusted individual with industry reputation who maintains and expects high standards for self and team
- Solid business acumen which appropriately balances creativity, entrepreneurship and risk taking
- Confident communicator, both written and oral
- Strong control mechanisms combined with open communication style to ensure issues are highlighted, communicated and resolved quickly
Closing on 29 Sep 2021