Fixed Income Product Manager – Technology
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Banking and Finance, Information Technology, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$11000 - S$22000
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be part of a start-up team building an innovative platform leveraging data, analytics to drive automated decision-making, smart automation across the full lifecycle of the business. This is a rare opportunity for a self-driven, start-up minded, strong and passionate developer to participate and contribute to a paradigm shift. We want People driven by the mission!
· Own the deliveries and improvements
· Exceed stakeholders and management expectations
· Partner with stakeholders to capture requirements and deliver solutions – deep understanding of the problem and context along with ownership are key to be successful in this role.
The successful candidate is expected to be an experienced platform engineer/manager in building critical low-latency/data-analytics driven solutions in investment banking/hedge funds/technology companies (low-latency trading systems or AdTech sector). This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· You’ve built something exceptional you can explain or showcase
· Ability to think “Product/platform” with a strong alignment with expected business outcomes/journeys
· Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Understanding and demonstrable experience of modern architecture/designs – micro-services/API-first development/high-throughput/event-driven/agent-based system, compositional frameworks
· Ability to scope minimum viable functionalities for quick and iterative/incremental deliveries – this is a must for the candidate
· Good knowledge of Python, basic data-analysis / machine learning concepts
· Understanding of software development lifecycle
· Strong knowledge of equities, bonds electronic markets
· Background rooted in development – knowledge of one or more general purpose programming languages, C# and Java
· Proven experience in all or a few of these areas: markets/venues connectivity, testing frameworks, low latency, real-time, scalable systems, systematic trading, targeting / recommender systems, garbage collector, queuing, scheduling, complex events processing (CEP)
· Technical knowledge in a no-SQL / doc / columnar DB such as mongoDB, kdb, shell scripts in Linux/Unix environment and or windows-based environments
· Knowledge and some practical experience in modern dev-ops - CI/CD, containerization, orchestration
· knowledge and experience in FIX, Market Data, Analytics and OMS is a plus
Our Ideal Candidate
· 8+ years of relevant experience
· Good experience of Fixed Income Domain
· Functional and Technical Understanding of Trading Lifecycle
· Product Design and User Experience Skills
· Some knowledge of electronic trading algo/strategies and latest progress in the area.
· Exceptional Communication skills
· Outstanding problem-solving skills
· Proactive, self-starter, autonomous Self-motivated, multi-tasking, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, solution oriented with proven results
· Good team spirit
· Extreme curiousness
· This is a very demanding role which requires a start-up/entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work fast, efficiently, under pressure on multiple deliveries
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
How to Apply
Click here (https://scb.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2000014639&lang=en ) to apply now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential
You can search and view current opportunities across our organization and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Closing on 06 Mar 2021