Head - IT Governance & Security
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Head of IT Governance and Security reports to a Department Manager or Agency Chief Information Security Officer.
You are responsible for the day to day management, monitoring and reporting on the systems and processes that support the IT governance, risks and security.
- Lead the IT Governance and Security Team to
• Develop frameworks and processes to support both Enterprise and Teaching & Learning business objectives of ITE
• Develop, implement and monitor reporting mechanisms for governance, security and risk practices to support compliance and highlight areas of exposure
• Provide guidance to other IT and business units in the conducting and updating of risk assessment for IT projects and systems
• Review to identify security risks and breaches to ensure the organisation’s assets and information are appropriately secured at all times
• Communicate security basics to the general user population including formulating Security Awareness program to raise user awareness and understanding of basic security concepts
• Develop and updating of the IT Business Continuity Plan
• Monitor and review compliance with risk management strategies and practices to ensure ICT-related activities are meeting Singapore Government Instruction Manual and relevant ICT security best practices
• Working with project teams to collate, track deliverables and ensure timely update to IT & Digitalisation Steering Committee
• Work with project teams to ensure timely submission on various polls, monthly/quarterly/yearly submission requests from internal and external bodies
- Work collaboratively with other corporate oversight functions to identify and implement consistent and effective approaches to risk governance and control-based activities
- Work with internal units to conduct regular reviews and audit of IT systems and applications to ensure statutory compliance
- Liaise and support internal and external auditors to facilitate IT audits, reviews and timely closure of audit outcomes
- Provide secretariat support to IT & Digitalisation Steering Committee
- Lead in the investigation of cyber security incidents by working with other government agencies
- Possess suitable academic or professional credentials in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Possess relevant IT Governance, security and project management certifications (eg COBIT, CISSP, CISM, PMP).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in either IT Governance and/or IT Security & Operations.
- Having experience in leading cross-functional teams in IT Governance and/or IT Security & Operations would be an advantage
- Possess leadership qualities as well as good people and collaboration skills.
- Good presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Diligent, resourceful and able to multitask in a dynamic work environment
- Meticulous in planning and tracking
- Familiarity with tendering procedures, ICT Security Standards in Singapore Public Service and managing IT budgets would be an advantage.
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021