Head of Information and Technology Shared Services
RUBICON INT'L TALENT EXCHANGE PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Customer Service, Information Technology
S$14000 - S$16500
About Rubicon / Cornerstone Singapore
Rubicon Int’l Talent Exchange Pte Ltd / Cornerstone Singapore, is the Singapore located office of the Cornerstone International Group (Cornerstone), https://www.cornerstone-group.com. Cornerstone is a Worldwide Leadership Development and Retained Executive Search network founded in 1989. Hence, this is our 32nd year. Cornerstone has a current network of more than 70 locations in over 30 countries.
Cornerstone is named by Forbes as one of the Best Management Consulting Firms in Executive Search in 2016 & 2017 and, again, in 2018 & 2019. As an accredited member of the international Association of Executive Search Consultants, we offer customised, integrated, high-quality and research-based executive search services. We successfully access markets worldwide to match our clients' executive and management needs with the best candidates.
Cornerstone offices are owned by her partners who take personal accountability for delivering outstanding quality for each assignment. Cornerstone Singapore has primary responsibilities for the countries of Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam; and we, naturally, work closely with our partners in the other offices. Please peruse our webpage for details of our international offices: https://www.cornerstone-group.com/#office-search.
Within our worldwide network, Cornerstone Singapore has proven expertise in the key sectors of the global economy, as well as the horizontally transferable expertise of General Management, Sales/Marketing/Business Development, Communications, Human Resources, Finance/Accounting/Audit, Information Technology, Legal/Contracts and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
We are assigned by a very large & diversified business group. They are a dynamic and established conglomerate with very clear vision, and have an exciting banking subsidiary (BANK).
Our client has asked us to target and identify high caliber individuals capable of filling a strategically vital role in leading the Information & Technology Shared Services portfolio for BANK.
What “BANK” can offer:
- Exciting career for an entrepreneurial leader who will shape the future of the BANK
- Innovative and dynamic working environment
- Planning, implementing and working with frontier technology in banking.
- A dynamic working environment
- Career path opportunities at a senior level both within BANK and throughout the Group
- Working in an international, highly motivated and young team
- Attractive remuneration
General Job Statement:
The role is to oversee the organization’s core Information and Technology strategies and initiatives. Ensure alignment with BANK’s business strategy, digital strategy and support its key lines of business. This position is for an adventurous mid-career executive with broad banking IT experience, able to bring structure and organisation to a rapidly expanding bank, but not molded to rigid and formal structures.
Essential Duty and Responsibility:
- Define and execute a strategy for the core banking systems/platforms/networks that is cost effective, reduces complexity and improves speed to market of new product delivery.
- Work with the Head of Digital technology to assure overall efficient and market leading value propositions are being offered by BANK.
- Oversee the providing of core banking services at 20+ bank branches and Headquarters. These services include, but is not limited to, core bank operational systems, ATMs, networks, desktop support, etc.
- Assure the absolute efficiency and availability of core banking systems.
- Provide enterprise-wide direction on the use of core technologies for banking operations.
- Recommend and implement process improvements to achieve operational efficiency and excellence.
- Oversee the execution on multiple core banking projects at the same time in cooperation with the relevant project managers and project management office.
- Assure compliance with governance best practice procedures.
- Be aware of and manage and mitigate ever increasing levels of cyber-attacks in cooperation with the CSO.
- Be responsible for the integration services between the digital solutions and core banking systems.
- Oversee the development of reports and dashboards providing all the required management information in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish standards of performance and monitors conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements)
- Participate on Committees and Project Steering Committees, ensuring IT risk management and governance is aligned with enterprise needs, risk appetite and as appropriate, industry best practice
- Management of planning, staffing and budgeting of core information and technology areas of BANK to ensure appropriate execution on policies and procedures while achieving BANK’s strategic business objectives in an efficient and effective manner
- Engage and collaborate with other relevant departments and the Group's business units, enabling recommend technologies that support BANK’s technological needs.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, retention, and organization of information and technology personnel in accordance with BANK’s talent acquisition personnel policies and budget requirements
- Ensure compliance with all policies and processes.
(1) Education / Experience
- Minimum of 10 years management and leadership of Core banking IT Business Solutions (Flexcube or similar)
- Minimum of 10 years IT management experience
- This experience should include data centre, server infrastructure, networks, service management, functional application support and project management
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience, preferably in an Agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any related fields
- Experience in a challenging and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to cope with rapid change, in an methodological way - highly-organized, self-motivated
- Leadership style encompassing continuous improvement - strong leadership presence with high-motivation to meet personal, team and corporate goals
- The ability to manage many competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability in providing excellent customer service, externally and internally
- Ability to manage expectations of senior leaders, report progress and describe initiatives succinctly and clearly.
- Determine the profile of risks in the estate and devise a strategy to mitigate.
- Ability to develop & mentor members of the team.
- Able to coordinate the activities of a diverse group of engineers, driving discovery, troubleshooting and resolution steps.
- Experience with people management (coaching, performance evaluation, career planning, project prioritization, escalation support during incidents, etc.)
- Detail oriented, process driven, innovative mindset and a deeply ingrained sense of ownership for the services delivered
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience in a broad range of relevant technologies.
- Problem & incident management expertise.
- Detail oriented, process driven, innovative mindset
(1) Ability to thrive in a fast changing environments, both internally and externally; with banking and regulatory, quickly adapting to the national economic growth.
(2) Ability to communicate and maintain good relationship with all levels of employees.
(3) Experience working in developing economies, adaptable, flexible and resilient.
(4) This role is open to both local and international applicants.
Scope and Dimensions:
(1) This is a senior management position and the incumbent can expect an attractive remuneration package with comprehensive benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience that reflect the seniority and skills required for this role
(2) Reporting directly to the CEO of the bank
(3) Direct management initially of 30 persons - Core Application Manager, System Integration, Governance and Security, PMO, BI & MIS, Infrastructure, Service management
(1) Attractive package commensurate with experience
(2) KPI incentives to be determined
(3) Eligible for housing and car provided by “BANK” as appropriate
(4) Potential for relocation costs
We invite top-notch and suitable candidates to submit:
- Complete overview of your background in the form of a comprehensive CV in MS WORD format via the "Apply" button at the top of this posting or to email@example.com
- Detailed employment history, including achievements
- Education background
- Current remuneration (or last one if not currently employed) in full detail
- Recent business photograph
Closing on 13 Nov 2021