Infrastructure Engineer (Ref: FC)
IOTALENTS PTE. LTD.
Customer Service, Information Technology
S$3500 - S$5000
- Installing and maintaining operating environments.
- Monitoring operating environments.
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems.
- Maintaining a professional demeanour with clients and colleagues.
- Providing support to users
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Updating any software and hardware where necessary.
- Documenting all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Must know how to use database systems management software, enterprise resource planning software, and web platform development software.
- Software knowledge –work with a variety of software. Working knowledge of how various systems interact virtually helps to conduct rapid troubleshooting.
- Hardware knowledge – Routers, servers, PCs, printers, and other equipment all fall under the IT infrastructure engineer’s purview, knows how to manage LANs and wired/wireless networks to connect devices.
- Problem-solving – getting many pieces of hardware and software to work in harmony is an ongoing and challenging task. Strong deductive reasoning and patience serve engineers well here.
- Customer service – Communicating well with internal and external partners, helps to resolve outages quickly and build strong working relationships.
- Teaching ability – need to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and train them to use software and hardware.
- Organization skills – whether keeping cable sprawl to a minimum, documenting their work, or prioritizing requests for support, stay organized to keep on top of their tasks.
Closing on 03 Mar 2021