Java tech lead (API and Kafka)
NEW TONE CONSULTING PTE. LTD.
Contract, Full Time
S$8000 - S$15000
Role and responsibilities
Part of a global revamp of the architecture, the integration layers is moving to API/Kafka.
You will act as a Java Technical Lead on a team that will be focused on implementing new interfaces on existing systems. You will lead a team of 7-10 developers, with your resources being dispatched in an application team for a period of time to work and redesign their interfaces according to our standards.
You will be working closely with multiple teams (Engineering, Enterprise Architecture, Security, Operations & Development teams) to design and develop solutions aligned to our integration strategy, and will participate on refining our guidelines on API/Kafka.
As a Java Technical Lead your scope of work includes:
- Ability to redesign and refactor legacy applications
- Writing well designed, clean, readable and testable code
- Influence & coach team members to adopt development best practices
- Design and develop low-latency and highly available applications
- Support innovation & continuous improvement by investigating technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of overall experience in professional software engineering
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency with OOAD, Java 8+, Spring and Spring Boot, Unit testing
- Strong proficiey with SQL and ORM (JPA, Hibernate)
- Proven experience with REST API development: Resource-based modelling, API Security Standards
- Proven experience with Kafka development/integration, Kafda connectors and integration
- Event-driven architecture and design
- Proven experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of any of the following is a plus: SAML, OAuth, Administration of Kafka, TDD/BDD, Docker, Other Messaging Queue technologies (IBM MQ etc.)
Closing on 11 Nov 2021