Lecturer - Business Information Systems
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$3000 - S$6000
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
You should trained in Information Technology or related disciplines, with preferably three years of relevant work experience in Information Technology related areas such as PC Support & Maintenance, CCNA Networking, Server Administration, Virtualization, Database Applications Development, Business Enterprise Systems.
You should also have a CCNA / SCJP / SCSA / MCAD / MCSA / MCITP / VMware VCP certification and knowledge and skills in at least two or more of the following areas:
- Enterprise Resource Management Systems, e.g. SAP, Oracle Applications, Microsoft Navision and etc.
- Network Infrastructure such as Cisco Routers and Switches
- Relational Database Management Systems, e.g. MySQL, Oracle and MS SQL.
- Application Development using languages such as Java, VB.NET and PHP
- System Administration and Virtualization, e.g. Windows Server, Solaris and Linux
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021