Lecturer - Data Engineering
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$3000 - S$6000
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
You should have at least 3 years of relevant experience in big data, data analytics, and with experience in web development.
You should also be motivated to work with youths to develop them in the area of data engineering and data analytics.
You should also possess the following skills:
• Experience working on relational SQL databases
• Ability to write, analyse, and debug SQL queries.
• Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load)
• Experience in statistical data analysis and data mining packages (Python, R)
• Hands-on experience in Python/R in production environments.
• Experience in TIBCO Spotfire, Alteryx, Power BI or similar tools.
• Experience with machine learning algorithms
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021