Lecturer - IT Applications Development
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$3000 - S$6000
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
You should be trained in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in Web/Mobile applications development, Content Management System or IT related field.
You should possess the following:
• Competent with Adobe CC applications
• Candidates with experience and/or IT certifications in areas of Data Analytics, Internet of Things (IoT), or Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) will have an advantage
• Good team player and good communication
• Passion in nurturing youth talents
You should be trained in Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Science and/or Analytics, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience to be able to develop students' skills in implementing IoT/software applications, including data analytics solutions.
You should also possess the following skills:
• Experience working on relational SQL databases
• Ability to write, analyse, and debug SQL queries.
• Experience with Data Warehousing, ETL (Extraction, Transformation & Load)
• Experience in statistical data analysis and data mining packages (Python, R)
• Hands-on experience in Python/R in production environments.
• Experience in TIBCO Spotfire, Alteryx, Power BI or similar tools.
• Experience with machine learning algorithms
Closing on 21 Jun 2021