Lecturer - IT Systems & Networks
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$3000 - S$6000
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
- You should have at least 5 years of relevant working experience in the IT industry and should be trained in computer science, computer engineering or cyber security with knowledge two or more of the following areas:
• Cloud Platform & On-premise Networking with different OS, servers, networking devices (router, switches, APs),
• Cyber Security Operations (Networks/ Web/ Apps)
• Security Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics Investigation
• Knowledge in programming / scripting languages such as Java, Python, C# etc.
- Two or more professional relevant certification (not limited to the following):
GIAC Security Certifications, CISSP/CISA, CSSLP, CEH, OSCP, OSWP CCNA/CCNP, MCSE/MCSD, Cloud Certifications (AWS/Google/Azure)
- Passion for teaching and student development.
You should be trained in Information Technology, Computer Science,Engineering, with at least 3 years of relevant work experience in Computer Science, Information Technology or IT Security/Engineering or related fields.
You should have good foundation in networks, server administration, cybersecurity, digital forensics, cloud computing and programming skills, in one or more Industries. Working experience and/or IT certifications in one or more of the following will be advantageous:
- Development and security implementation for:
• IT networks
• web applications and/or
• mobile applications and/or
• Internet of Things (IoT)
- Virtualisation technologies and Cloud Infrastructure technologies
- Data Analytics and/or Machine Learning
You should be trained in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Familiar with at least two of the following:
• Cisco networking technologies
• Windows 2016 Server Administration
• Linux (Redhat/Debian) Server Administration
• Network Automation
• Robotic Process Automaton (RPA) is a plus
- With at least 3 years of relevant industry experience in networks, windows and servers
• Relevant industry certifications (e.g. Cisco CCNA, CCNP, MCP, AWS Certified Practitioner or equivalent will be advantage)
- Possesses passion and genuine interest to share knowledge and interact with youths
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021