Lecturer - Security Systems & Technology
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$3000 - S$6000
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
You should have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in the electronics security industry dealing with Device-to-System or System-to-System integration.
You should have good knowledge and skills in at least two or more of the following areas:
- Design and development of security systems using Python, C/C++ on Windows, Linux or Mobile (Android / IoS) platforms.
- Design, install, configure, test and maintain Integrated Security Systems comprising video surveillance, access control and intrusion detection components.
- Experience in deploying video analytics solutions such as facial / license plate recognition, crowding, detecting abnormal traffic conditions etc using machine learning / deep learning technologies.
- Experience in designing, setting up and operating of a Security Command Centre
- Good understanding of networking, TCP/IP connectivity and general cybersecurity practices to ensure a smooth implementation of security projects.
- Provide theory and practical hands-on technical training of security system products for end users.
- Professional certifications and experience in deploying automation solutions for security system/operations will be an added advantage.
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021