Legal and Compliance Counsel
M-DAQ PTE. LTD.
Permanent, Full Time
S$7000 - S$8000
M-DAQ is a mature FinTech start-up that develops proprietary FX solutions for corporates across a wide range of commercial uses. M-DAQ’s solutions have processed over $10 billion in FX transactions and generated hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue for our partners and savings for end-customers. M-DAQ offers competitive remuneration including employee stock options and employee benefits. In 2019, M-DAQ was recognised as the Best Tech Company To Work For. M-DAQ is looking for a Legal and Compliance Counsel to join us at the leading edge of delivering best-in-class FX solutions to the world.
As legal counsel in a start-up, you will gain exposure to a broad range of work, including:
- Conceptualise and develop new products and draft the accompanying commercial contracts
- Negotiate commercial contracts with clients and providers
- Managing the company’s intellectual property rights and intangible assets
- Advising the company on real estate, procurement, and employment matters
- Supporting investor relations and corporate governance
- Supporting fundraising and investment deals
- Work closely with our Regulatory Compliance Officer and Finance department to manage the company's compliance with regulatory and reporting obligations
- Drafting, managing, and implementing internal compliance policies including AML/CFT, financial conduct, anti-bribery and corruption, cybersecurity, and data protection
- Supporting and assisting internal and external audits
- Managing relationships with the company’s regulators and partner financial institutions
You need not have first-class academic results, but you must possess competent legal skills, sound commercial awareness, and a level of street smarts to advise and represent the business across a broad range of matters.
Ideally, you have or are:
- You should have 3-5 years’ experience in a law firm and/or in-house dealing with commercial matters.
- A solid grasp of contract law is required. Relevant expertise and experience in corporate law and technology law is advantageous.
- Familiarity with FX and payments is a technical advantage, but not required if you are willing to learn and get up to speed on your new area of expertise quickly.
- You must be dynamic, adaptable, and able to balance multiple concurrent projects and timelines.
- You must be able to balance legal and commercial risks and have the confidence to make judgment calls and stand by them.
- You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You are a driven self-starter and collaborative team player as the work requires interaction with many different internal stakeholders and external counterparties.
Closing on 03 Feb 2021