Manager / Senior Manager (Industry Programmes), Ecosystem Development Division, CSA
CYBER SECURITY AGENCY OF SINGAPORE
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
As Singapore harnesses technology to improve lives and livelihoods for all, it is imperative that our plans are built on a strong foundation of cybersecurity, without which we would be exposing ourselves to the multitude of threats that lurk in cyberspace.
The Cyber Security Agency of Singapore (CSA) was formed in 2015 and has been given the task of protecting Singapore’s cyberspace. It is part of the Prime Minister’s Office and is managed by the Ministry of Communications and Information.
You will be part of a dynamic team to shape and develop the cybersecurity ecosystem in Singapore. The Ecosystem Development Division within CSA is responsible for growing a vibrant and innovative cybersecurity ecosystem to meet Singapore’s security and economic needs. As part of the team, you will strengthen Singapore’s cybersecurity capabilities through the development of strategies, translating them into programmes, and planning new initiatives for the development of a sustainable ecosystem.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and co-ordinate an inter-agency cybersecurity ecosystem development strategy for Singapore by working closely with key stakeholders (e.g. internal divisions, other public agencies, professional bodies, Institutes of Higher Learning) to develop value propositions for cybersecurity research and innovation, in Singapore and beyond.
- Conceptualise, plan, implement and review development programmes to grow the local cybersecurity industry in strategic areas, which will involve the management of ongoing partnerships, understanding local and international cybersecurity landscape, as well as their impact on Singapore and our economic competitiveness.
- Develop programme(s) to promote and capture growth opportunities globally, such as establishing strategic partnerships with industry players to drive international business opportunities.
- Help Singapore companies penetrate overseas markets by identifying key growth industries and developing export strategies to support them in establishing a strong foothold in these markets.
- This role may also include organising events such as overseas business missions, outreach and networking events.
- Analyse ecosystem needs, strengths and gaps to enable collaboration across government to promote cybersecurity as a horizontal and bridge identified gaps.
- Carry out studies and prepare management briefs on market development, economic analysis, technology trends and other relevant areas pertaining to the global and local cybersecurity industry.
- Provide secretariat support to relevant committees and workgroups.
- Relevant qualification(s) in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Sciences with an interest in cybersecurity and related technologies. Candidates without the relevant qualifications but with the relevant working experience may be considered
- 4 to 6 years experience in public policy / regulatory work, programme / research management and/or technical project management
- Competence in consulting or business development would be advantageous
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking, with the ability to distil and summarise complex issues to propose potential solutions
- Highly adaptable, able to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Excellent planning and coordination skills, with meticulous follow-through
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills to engage and influence both layman and technical stakeholders, handle complex issues in a sensitive manner, as well as communicate concepts and ideas with clarity, brevity and coherence
If you share our passion to make a difference in the cyber security landscape, take up the challenge and apply now.
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting
Closing on 16 Jun 2021