Manager (IT Network)
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage ITE IT Network & Network Security Infrastructure services, business continuity and recovery.
- Assess needs, formulate strategic plans, propose and implement innovative solutions to achieve a cost-effective and scalable IT Network & Network Security Infrastructure that meets organisational needs.
- Oversee overall effectiveness and efficiency of IT Network services and operations, such as data centre network, LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, Firewalls & Intrusion Preventive Systems etc. Adhere to standards and guidelines to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, minimise outages and drive timely recovery in event of outages.
- Monitor performance of the IT Network Infrastructure and establish plans for necessary technology refresh and expansion needs.
- Able to create, lead and motivate the IT Network team in developing & delivering timely, high quality and cost effective solutions to meet daily operations.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and monthly measurements. Improve KPIs on an ongoing basis via the Pareto Principle and root cause / corrective analysis.
- Develop and manage key metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with users and Colleges.
- Possess suitable academic or professional credentials in Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IT Network Infrastructure and Operations and / or Information Systems, with at least 3 years’ experience at the management level handling large cross-functional teams.
- Experience in infrastructure and operational support in a large enterprise environment, implementing IT best practices (e.g. ITIL), and managing third party service providers.
- Possess leadership qualities as well as good people and collaboration skills.
- Good presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with tendering procedures, ICT Security Standards in Singapore Public Service and managing IT budgets would be an advantage.
- Experience in LAN/WAN, Wireless, multi-data centres networking, firewall, IPS, VPN, VOIP, video and voice technologies, administration, design and operations.
- Excellent working knowledge of the following technology protocols and platforms: TCP/IP, Radius, TACACS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, DWDM, LDAP, AD, DNS, DHCP, routing & switching, workstations, operating systems, and applications.
- Excellent knowledge of leading network and network security technologies, e.g. Cisco Systems, Palo Alto Networks, Checkpoint and f5 required.
- Certification in CCNP, CCSA, PCNSE, CISSP equivalent or higher would be an advantage.
- Experience with private and public Cloud, outsourcing experience, multi-data centres, servers, end-user computing technologies, administration, design and operations would be an advantage.
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021