TECHDIRECT PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Information Technology, Telecommunications
S$2500 - S$4000
Job Description & Requirements
The Network Engineer will provide enterprise-wide network system infrastructure support for complex systems and interconnected technologies that require day-to-day support and administration in order to maintain optimal network performance.
This position will be responsible for deploying, routing and maintaining a LAN/WAN/Wifi providing support with Firewalls, Load Balancing, Routers and switches to proactively address network issues that impact services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Administer, Monitor, maintain and optimize LAN,WAN, Wifi networks for optimal performance and maximum availability.
• Troubleshoot, evaluate and resolve LAN/WAN/Wifi performance and capacities issues.
• Perform LAN/WAN/Wifi/Firewall/Loadbalancer configuration backups and regular network documentation updates.
• Collaborate on the design and implementation of new technical solutions.
• Troubleshoot and optimize WAN circuits with upstream provider.
• Manage and coordinate the administration of several systems
• Assist with security and third-party software installations.
• Provide next level support to the level 1 support team.
• Communicate and liaise with all company departments; notify appropriate parties immediately of any issues which may affect efficient operations including, but not limited to, outages, service disruptions, and network bottlenecks.
• Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades.
• Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
Requirements The Ideal Candidate Will Have
• A minimum of seven years of experience in an implementation and support role for a large IP network.
• Full comprehension of the TCP/IP application suite and OSI models.
• Experience with administration, implementation, and troubleshooting of IPv4, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches,
• Experience with Cisco Nexus switch. Juniper/Fortigate firewalls, Load balancers, static routing protocols, DHCP, NAT, and QoS.
• Experience implementing interior and exterior routing protocols
• Experience with redundancy technologies: VRRP, HSRP, GLB, F5 virtual routers
• Network installation experience in a high availability LAN, data center or NOC.
• Experience with LAN switching (spanning tree, VLAN, trunking, IGMP, PIM).
• Experience with DMVPN, VPN/SSLVPN Tunnels, VoIP and Multicast.
• Experience with network monitoring tools
• An attention to detail and discipline to utilize best practices for network systems and security.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• An ability to interact with both internal and external customers that are technical or non-technical.
• An ability to work after hours/weekends to perform planned and emergency network maintenance.
• An ability to travel to sites both in singapore and overseas for installations and maintenance.
• Ability to work independently and be a team player.
• A passion for high customer satisfaction and achieving operational excellence.
• Must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Must possess CCIE certification.
• Juniper, Fortigate, F5 certifications are desirable.
Closing on 02 Oct 2021