Platform Engineer (IT Transformation)
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
As a part of the IT engineering team, you will gain hands-on experience with various technologies which allow our IT teams to develop & operate systems more efficiently. You will take an engineer's approach in re-designing IT operational processes by setting up and integrating existing/new platforms to optimise and eliminate IT work through automation. We welcome candidates with a strong background in IT engineering, operations, or application infrastructure.
- Design and implement the platforms that drive IT operations transformation initiative (e.g. Azure DevOps, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Chatbots)
- Lead and support the internal IT teams in transitioning their systems to adopt DevOps, Automation, and other changes initiatives to drive productivity
- Design, build, and maintain the platform components in accordance to IM8 and required security and compliance requirements
- Design, build, and maintain automation scenarios developed for the systems
- Facilitate and support troubleshooting or root cause analysis of platform issues or incidents
- Participate in planning and execution of platform roadmap
- Research and develop prototypes/concepts to continuously improve IT operational processes and platform to stay relevant to changing context
- Relevant qualifications in IT/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or relevant discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in designing and operating systems in a large ecosystem
- Strong understanding and experience of core infrastructure systems (virtualisation, networking, storage, active directory, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. PowerShell, bash, python, cli)
- Knowledge and experience in software development & automation tools (e.g. Team foundation Server, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Nagios, Terraform, SonarQube, Tosca)
- Prefer 2 to 3 years of working experience in DevOps automation, containerisation and orchestration
- Experience in working with Azure or Government Commercial Cloud is preferred.
- Positive and strong interpersonal and communication skills with can-do attitude to challenge the norm.
- Patient, fast learner and able to deal & overcome ambiguities
Closing on 08 Mar 2021