Principal Backend Software Engineer
NTUC ENTERPRISE NEXUS CO-OPERATIVE LIMITED
S$7000 - S$14000
NE Digital is the center of excellence for Data, Digitalisation and Technology that leads the transformation of the NTUC Social Enterprises by leveraging digital technologies to become more nimble, adaptable and innovative in today’s digital age.
NE Digital is currently hiring for Software Engineer of various levels to join FairPrice Group, NTUC Health or NTUC First Campus team. At NE Digital, we are continuously improving the way people use and interact with our services. You will be reporting to Team lead alongside product team (designers and business owners), you will help to scope and brainstorm new product requirements to deliver the best to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, deploy and manage backend services to solve complex problems.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable solutions.
- Design and or drive the documentation of existing microservices’s API contract or newmicroservices.
- Participate in reviewing existing microservices’ scalability and performance, help identifybottlenecks and resolve them.
- Actively participate in team discussions to drive problem solving.
- Work closely with Team Leads to help break down high level requirements to technicalrequirements. Write and maintain test cases with the right approach needed to ensure good coverageand quality.
- Build, maintain and drive monitoring for critical transactions.
- Participate as active Agile team members to drive great ideas or features to delight ourcustomers and help achieve business objectives.
- Proficient in Golang or Java with good knowledge of best practices.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in building Service Oriented Architecture basedapplication.
- Experience with high traffic and scalable applications
- Great understanding of the data structures and complex algorithm
- Strong experience building applications using microservice architecture
- Proficient understanding of source code management using git
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Must be a team player, take full ownership of your work, empathetic and open minded
- Experienced in working in an Agile setup. Good to have
- Experienced in working with e-commerce problems
- Experienced with distributed concurrency model in Go or Java
- Experienced with building cached services
*Shortlisted candidates are to completed a 90 mins technical assessment before meeting our hiring team.
Closing on 24 Dec 2021