EQUINIX ASIA PACIFIC PTE. LTD.
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$20000
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world's digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver outstanding experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try innovative ways, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment, that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Product Software team at Equinix builds next-generation software products and architecture for our Equinix software platform and services offerings. We are looking for a Principal Architect who would be responsible for architecture, proof of concept, innovation, design, improving velocity, quality and sustainability aspects of the Product Development. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Understands, reads, and reviews requirements. Interacts with product management teams to understand product requirements and define product roadmaps.
- Participates in the architectural review process. Defines architecture, presents to the product engineering team, to ensure that the architecture is aligned with the overall technology vision & roadmap.
- Incorporates standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability and maintainability.
- Advocate, document, and follow best design and development practices.
- Provides technical leadership to the team for design & architecture of products. Evaluates and recommends the adoption of open source frameworks to influence build vs. buy decisions.
- Participates in multi-functional & cross-technical discussions and influences the Product feature design & development.
- Interact with Business System Analysts to design and deliver technical solutions to support various business functions.
- Work in a Globally Distributed Development team environment to enable successful delivery with minimal guidance.
- Investigates, analyzes, and evaluates new technologies. Influences senior leadership in setting the organization's technical objectives. Keeps abreast of new developments to help define the necessary changes to practice.
- Works with technical project managers and product management teams to define schedule on multiple projects. Provides overall project status reporting, manages and influences multi-functional release cycle.
- Responsible for maintaining cloud architecture landscape (operation/security architecture).
- Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize, be detail-oriented, and are passionate about applied technology; they value customer experience, are innovative as well as quantitative.
It is you, if:
- You are hardworking, creative, and highly motivated
- You are curious and collaborative, and a believer in the power of teams and collaboration
- You are flexible and have a broad set of capabilities to wear different hats
- You thrive in a dynamic and a fast-paced environment
- You pursue speed and simplicity relentlessly
- You are a natural leader in everything you do
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/MS degree or equivalent with 10+ years in the field of Software Engineering and Development
- Working knowledge on core architecture concept for building highly available, scalable distributed system
- Consistent track record of working with multi-functional teams to drive architecture adoption
- Possess a passion for programming and have the ability to program in Java and at least one other programming language such as Python, NodeJS, Golang
- Solid understanding in Reactive/Functional Programming
- Proficient with the latest technologies and development practices including Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, Kafka
- Understanding of cloud technologies including Kubernetes, Containers, Highly Available Distributed computing, Microservices based architecture, REST
- Strong working knowledge on data modeling and interaction & No-SQL technologies like MongoDB, Cassandra
- Solid experience in microservices API first development, API gateway & API Orchestration
- Excellent understanding of Service-oriented design & architecture, Application Integration & Messaging, Security and Web
- Strong understanding of design principles, design patterns and best practices
- Working experience in architecting a cloud-based production system with at least of the leading public cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) is a plus
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Closing on 28 Oct 2021