Principal Systems Architect, Enterprise IT
DEFENCE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
The Enterprise IT Programme Centre works at the forefront of digitalisation of MINDEF and the SAF. In the HR domain, we are focused on partnering the SAF/MINDEF in their digital transformation journey to achieve a future-ready HR community that can continue to deliver Employer of Choice outcomes.
You will work with a multidisciplinary and dynamic team that is passionate in harnessing technology to deliver digital solutions that will enable new business models, and streamline processes and operations.
This role will require you to:
- Manage the solution architecture for the system, transformation and enhancement
- Understand business functions and translate requirements into architecture and blueprint for the solution being created, and technical specification for implementation.
- Propose new innovative solutions, recommends suitable improvements, develop technical roadmaps, lead technology assessment, prototyping and selection.
- Work closely with enterprise infrastructure, cybersecurity and application integration teams to shape the application architectural landscape for HR systems
- Provide direction, input and governance for design, architecture and development for assigned application portfolio, (e.g. projects spanning across systems and associated processes).
- Understand the IT management policy, quality management policy and security guidelines to ensure that the development processes, procedures and system are designed to comply with these policies and guidelines.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- At least 8 years of work experience in IT delivery, with 5+ years in architectural design and leadership
- Possess strong background and experience in building large scale, critical, highly available web and mobile applications
- Have in-depth knowledge of cloud computing, microservices architecture, DevOps, mobile and web application architecture
- Experience in managing and interfacing with users and vendors/ development team.
- Relevant experience in Human Capital Management (HCM) domain such as organisation management, talent management etc. will be an advantage
- Good understanding of public cloud architecture is an advantage
- Exhibit leadership and guide team members, adapts to changes on technology and business domains, and picks up new technological advances quickly
- Able to work with tight timelines and possess good time management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Closing on 23 Jun 2021