Procurement Strategy and Transformation Specialist
TELENOR PROCUREMENT COMPANY PTE. LTD.
S$6000 - S$10000
Telenor Group is a leading telecommunications company across the Nordics and Asia with 182 million customers and annual sales of around USD 12 billion (2019). We are committed to responsible business conduct and driven by the ambition of empowering societies. Connectivity has been Telenor’s domain for more than 160 years, and our purpose is to connect our customers to what matters most.
We have a leading Nordic position in mobile, broadband and TV services, as well as substantial activities in subsidiaries and joint venture operations, including mobile financial services and online classifieds in the Asia region. Worldwide, Telenor Group and our operations’ teams are 19,000 people strong.
Telenor Procurement Company (TPC), established in 2017 and headquartered in Singapore, operates as a subsidiary of the Telenor Group. We deliver Global Category Management as a service to the Telenor Business Units, taking full responsibility for the end-to-end Sourcing process and performance of global spend categories. We have enabled Telenor’s strategic ambitions by becoming a centre of expertise in the pursuit of efficient operations. TPC seeks qualified procurement professionals that are excited and capable to work in the fast-paced Telecom field.
About the Team
As a Procurement Strategy & Transformation Specialist you will be a part of the Strategy and Development Team. The current responsibilities of the Strategy and Development team is ownership of the strategic transformation agenda, end-to-end category management processes, operating model maintenance and design, digital strategy, spend visibility, competence development, and establishing a global supplier management program. In the role, you'll work at the heart of Global Procurement. We will look to you to identify potential areas for improvement linked to the core capabilities and our “way of work”. Our team’s ability to identify and leverage both internal and external capabilities to fuel the transformation journey will be a source of competitive advantage for Telenor.
· Lead or support the execution of strategic development projects to drive best practice which act to strengthen our global operating model in procurement
· Primary duties to include strategy development, hypothesis testing, articulation of value proposition and executing initiatives working across the Global Procurement community
· Work cross functionally interacting closely with key stakeholders across procurement and functional departments both globally and per business unit to align requirements and solutions (people, process, technology)
· Contribute to Global Procurement’s digitization strategy by contributing to the roadmap development and implementation across Telenor globally
· Continuously improve existing processes, tools, and data for insights
We are fast moving and the environment is dynamic thus there are likely to be changes in priorities so we expect you to be flexible adjusting to new activities, i.e. it is very similar to working in management consulting or a transformation office.
We seek a procurement specialist who either has experience in a management consulting setting focused on procurement/category management/strategic sourcing/supply management or supporting procurement transformation in a multinational corporation. The following personal characteristics will be critical to succeed in the role:
· A problem solver – capable of dissecting a complicated problem and evaluating it systematically
· Curious and open minded – willing to challenge status quo and develop better ways of work
· Savvy business acumen – focused on impact and outcomes
· Human and customer centered – someone with a good understanding of the importance of change management and respectful handling of resistance
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills – have the ability to persuade others effectively orally or in written
Education and Experience Requirements
· Minimum 5 years as management consultant or in-house consultant with focus on transformation, preferably the majority of time within procurement/category management/supply management
· Previous experience working in an international environment, operating across countries
· Demonstrable project management skills
· University degree within Finance, Business Management, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Arts and Social Science, or equivalent
Additional requirements that would be desirable for applicants:
(+) Experience from telecommunications or other technical services industry
(+) Hands-on experience with procurement enabling tools such as spend visibility, eSourcing, contract management, P2P, supplier performance management and supplier portal
NB: This position is not for an expert procurement practitioner in a specific sourcing category
Please send a covering letter outlining your motivation and credentials for this role and your CV, if you consider that you meet the requirements for this role. CVs without cover letter will not be considered.
Closing on 25 Mar 2021