Research & Insights Manager
MAKER LAB PTE. LTD.
Consulting, Information Technology, Marketing / Public Relations
S$10000 - S$15000
As the Research & Insights Marketing working on a variety of projects across the Marketing department of one of our clients - a leading video sharing platform. This role will support our client in delivering and unlocking consumer insights across our client’s ecosystem to inform marketing decisions and strategy formulation.
You’re a data-driven storyteller! You don’t just stop at numbers and graphs but are able to translate numbers into actionable business insights and recommendations. You’re able to captivate a range of stakeholders from various disciples to bring about positive shifts in the way the brand interacts with users, creators and public media. Through your expertise, you’re able to navigate the client through noise to land on impactful results.
- Manage and own insights and measurement roadmaps and plans with internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Manage agencies and vendors to validate data and present it in a digestible format.
- Use multiple datasets, such as trackers, syndicated data, social data, behavioral data and primary research to tell a full story about multiple business areas across the business.
- Develop business-relevant conclusions and recommendations from data, graphs and studies when effectively communicating those to broad level audience via insightful reports and presentations
- Build cross-functional partnerships to identify business enquiries, challenges and opportunities while delivering insights based on internal needs.
- Design and execute methodologies (utilising relevant vendors where needed) to measure and track performance of marketing campaigns, and synthesise actionable recommendations on successes and improvement areas.
- Construct marketing tests, and/or utilise third-party research services to provide valuable insights and user understanding for the brand’s APAC marketing plans and campaigns
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of insights and marketing research experience across both qualitative and quantitative product and consumer marketing research, ideally with technology brands, within a matrix global organisation.
- Experience leading multi-country marketing and/or communications insights and or measurement programs.
- Must have experience with project managing research studies (both qual and quant), strong data analysis and data storytelling and presentation skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of research design and methods (IDIs, focus groups, surveys, statistical analyses, etc.) and knowledge of when to apply them.
- Knowledgeable on a variety of qualitative and quantitative primary research methodologies, specifically consumer insights, audience measurement and advertising effectiveness research (incl. online advertising).
- Ability to translate complex insights into simple and intuitive communications.
- Exceptional analytical, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Strong thought leader who does not just execute but is curious and passionate about data and insights, with the ability to extract and tell compelling stories which put the target consumers and audiences first.
- Experience managing third party research agencies.
- Passion for the web and video sharing ecosystems and digital culture.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and independent thinker.
- Ideally, you have covered projects for public relations, policies, brand reputation and marketing influencing the changing perceptions of users.
- You’re expected to have exceptional content presentation skills as you capture the audiences.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communications skills and, ideally, fluent in another Asian language to support with projects spanning across APAC.
Please note: due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted with a follow up introduction email. If you do not receive an email from Maker Lab, your application has been unsuccessful this time around. Look out for future roles!
Closing on 11 Nov 2021