Research Assistant (Computer Science)
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
S$3400 - S$4850
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Assistant in the Department of Computer Science, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence in all its dimensions: Searching for fundamental results and insights, developing novel computational solutions to a wide range of applications, building large-scale experimental systems and improving the well being of society. We seek to play an active role both internationally and locally in the core and emerging areas of Computer Science and Information Systems.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for working closely with Associate Professors Chan Mun Choon and Bryan Low in the Predictive Security Analytics based on Traffic Data Project at the NUS-Singtel Cyber Security R&D Lab. The successful candidate will design and develop algorithms to allow multiple data owners to cooperate without sharing their raw data.
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant area (e.g., Mathematics, Computer Science);
- Demonstrated experience in research;
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms;
- Strong mathematical background and ability to perform rigorous and complex mathematical proofs and derivations;
- Strong proficiency in programming;
- Familiarity with privacy-preserving machine learning is preferred;
- Familiarity with decentralized/distributed/federated learning is preferred.
Closing on 22 Sep 2021