Senior Data Engineer
CDG ZIG PTE. LTD.
Information Technology, Others
Permanent, Full Time
S$6000 - S$8500
Who We Are Looking For
Data is at the core of ZEST. It allows us to: deliver unique and meaningful user experiences, optimize the user experience through a data-driven approach, and deliver valuable insights to our merchants and partners. Data is key in making the ZEST platform and ecosystem valuable and relevant.
As a data engineer, you will be given the opportunity and responsibility of building ZEST’s data infrastructure and pipelines from ground-up, with the accompanying Extract-Transform-Load processes. You will be expected to leverage your computer science expertise to process large datasets for further use, collaborating closely with data scientists. You will also be tasked to constantly innovate and find ways to improve data quality, reliability, efficiency, and source for new opportunities to acquire/capture meaningful data.
Effectively owning the data infrastructure and pipeline, this role calls for an experienced individual that is highly effective in leveraging the data team’s talents and shared expertise to deliver the best data-related business outcomes. This role also requires a creative, flexible and communicative individual who is adept in dominant programming and deployment strategies in the field.
What You Will Do
· Design, develop, and implement data infrastructure (both cloud and on-premise) and pipelines to facilitate data ETL and data usage, feeding into data science and analytics processes and tools.
· Design and implement Extract, Transform, and Load processes that occur within the data pipeline.
· Adopt best practices for data ingestion, processing and management, and continually improve the system through innovation and testing.
· Work closely with the Data Science team to deliver on the data team’s overall business objectives and KPIs.
· Propose and define KPIs around data engineering, and perform accordingly to the KPIs.
· Communicate changes in data availability and quality, and their accompanying business implications to other functional teams.
What You Will Bring to Zest
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent fields.
· Experience in developing and maintaining data ETL pipelines. Familiarity with cloud infrastructure is a plus.
· Well-versed with cloud storage architecture, relational and non-relational databases.
· Proficiency in data engineering related languages such as SQL and Python.
· A strong team player with solid communication skills; able to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
· A growth-oriented mindset and innovative spirit, able to adapt quickly to the situation, and perform continuous improvement.
· An innovative spirit that drives you to constantly optimize workflows, processes and strategies to drive improved business outcomes for the data team and ZEST.
Who Are We
Zest is a digital company that seeks to transform the way people experience mobility services. We believe mobility is the trigger to lifestyle services that everybody seeks in their daily lives. As such, we treat every employee as a Zest customer and we expect each employee to approach their job with passion and drive in delivering the best experiences possible to our Zest customers.
We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development and welcoming teammates from all walks of life. We thrive off challenging the status quo and seek solace in the belief that reinventing mobility in a socially responsible and inclusive manner can lead to better outcomes for all.
We value diversity at our company. We hope to provide a platform for people to achieve mobility, be it socially or professionally, through our commitment to being an equal opportunity employer.
Closing on 10 Feb 2021