Senior Data Scientist/Data Scientist, Enterprise IT
DEFENCE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
The Enterprise IT Programme Centre works at the forefront of digitalisation of MINDEF and the SAF. We are looking for motivated data science engineers to join the Enterprise IT Programme Centre
You will be joining a young, agile, multi-disciplinary team of data scientists who are excited about harnessing data and technology to transform MINDEF/SAF’s business processes and operations. As an engineer in the data science team, you will have a chance to make an impact to Singapore’s defence by solving challenging problems through state-of-the-art advanced analytics and deep learning techniques applied on large datasets. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of problems ranging from healthcare, NS engagement, human resource, procurement, governance and maintenance.
This role will require you to:
- Translate business problems into analytical or deep learning models
- Build complex models and perform exploratory analysis on the wealth of data to generate actionable insights
- Build effective partnership with data engineering and data science platform teams on building data pipelines and realisation of data driven systems to improve decision making and deliver business value to MINDEF and SAF
- Tertiary qualifications in Data/Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- For Senior Data Scientist role, you have at least 2 years of experience in development and deployment of data analytics solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in manipulating data and developing models
- Good understanding of data analytics concepts
- Proficient in Python, R, SQL programming languages
- Excited to gain knowledge in a new domain
- Team player with good communication skills
- Passionate and self-motivated
Closing on 27 Jun 2021