Senior Engineer / Engineer, Information Systems Development
DEFENCE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AGENCY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
DSTA is a top-notch technology organisation that drives innovation and delivers state-of-the-art capabilities to make the SAF a formidable fighting force. Our engineers and IT professionals harness multidisciplinary expertise to equip our soldiers with advanced systems to defend Singapore.
We also contribute our technological expertise to support national-level developments. To achieve our mission, DSTA performs a variety of roles ranging from acquisition and procurement to cybersecurity and software development.
DSTA’s Information Programme Centre delivers software solutions to defend against online falsehoods, curb fake news and propaganda and other information threats. We are looking for individuals to join us to design and develop solutions for users in a fast-paced environment.
The role will require you to:
- Work hand-in-hand with the users in a data-rich environment, to deliver user-centric software in an agile manner to support their dynamic and mission-critical operations.
- Harness a wide range of IT technologies like data analytics, artificial intelligence/machine learning, cloud computing, web and mobile computing to enhance users’ operations and enrich users’ experience.
The role will also offer you opportunities to partner renowned local and overseas companies and research institutes/institutes of higher learning, to explore and experiment with state-of-the-art IT technologies for application onto information operations.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Knowledge of web and application technologies like Java, Python will be preferred
- Knowledge of full stack development and artificial intelligence/machine learning will be an advantage
- Knowledge of agile development and DevOps will be useful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with good communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment
Closing on 07 Jul 2021