Senior Engineer/ Engineer (PeopleSoft Techno Functional)
SEMBCORP MARINE LTD
Contract, Full Time
S$5500 - S$7500
- Works closely with business team and IT staff as appropriate to analyse requirements, functional design, identify key delivery milestones and define project plans for implementation of PeopleSoft solutions
- Gathers specifications for PeopleSoft enhancements/ changes, evaluating the feasibility of user requests, configures or builds customised programs/ package to set up PeopleSoft systems, reviews PeopleCode, SQR, application engine, component interface and test functions to align with functionality in the core system
- Performs detailed root cause analysis and resolution to solve problems affecting various modules in PeopleSoft application and supports ongoing system maintenance activities
- Manages multiple priorities and projects with critical deadlines and provides regular status updates to senior team members on project status, priorities, issues and roadblocks needing resolution
- Develops documentation and training manual for end users on related application to support, educate and train business staff in PeopleSoft application procedures.
In order to provide adequate PeopleSoft system services to ensure smooth operational conditions in all business areas.
- Works with IT infrastructure group vendors to plan upgrades, troubleshoot, and fine-tune servers performance in order to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and optimise resources
- Researches, evaluates, prototypes and installs major system upgrades to enable transitions from traditional to the latest architectures
- Monitors and manages PeopleSoft application system performance and availability to identify performance bottlenecks, and to proactively recommend improvement to the current process and solutions
- Independently monitors and analyses PeopleSoft systems and applications failures from user service requests to identify and develop trends for areas of improvement
- Identifies the gaps in existing solution offerings and recommends new best practices to fill those gaps for application design, planning and upgrading of PeopleSoft and its tentacle systems
In order to constantly improve the PeopleSoft System by proactively addressing
performance improvements and optimisations.
IT Team Collaboration
- Works with other IT team members as required to achieve functional objectives and deadlines
- Provides support in various IT projects as required to promote cross-functional learning and development, balance team workload and enhance overall team productivity
In order to allow team members to grow and develop, ensuring the team operates productively and efficiently and contributes to the success of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or its equivalent
- 6 years of working experience in PeopleSoft functional and technical support
- In-depth understanding of database structure, table dependencies and data elements of Oracle's PeopleSoft systems ·
- Basic understanding in PeopleSoft System Architecture and related infrastructure components, including security components, operating system, database, storage, network, etc. ·
- Functional and technical proficiency with implementation of PeopleSoft HCM or ELM solution, having in-depth knowledge and experience in Global Absence (GA), Workforce Administration, ELM, Performance Management, Query Manager, Security (Roles, Permission lists). ·
- Experience working in the development of systems requirements, prototype, test, training, data conversion and the implementation of business process improvements
- Experience in writing PeopleCode, SQR, SQL queries, data analysis and validation
- Experience and knowledge of Integration points to and from PeopleSoft HCM system
- Must be able to develop and maintain software and system documentation including user manuals, flow charts and system capability diagrams
Our Address and Working Hours:
Sembcorp Marine Ltd
Tuas Boulevard Yard
80 Tuas South Boulevard, Singapore 637051
Mon-Thu : 7.30am – 5.15pm
Fri : 7.30am – 4.15pm
Interested candidates with relevant background are invited to send us an updated resume with your current and expected salary, reason of application and earliest availability.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please note that your personal data disclosed to Sembcorp Marine Ltd and our group of companies, shall be used for the purposes of evaluation, and processing in accordance with our recruitment processes and policies. By providing your personal data, you have consented to the aforesaid purpose under the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Closing on 18 Dec 2021