Senior Manager / Manager / Assistant Manager (TechSkills Accelerator Programme Office) - contract
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
First announced in the 2016 Budget, the TechSkills Accelerator (TeSA) is a tripartite initiative by the government, industry and the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), to build and develop a skilled Information and Communications Technology (ICT) workforce for the Singapore economy, and to enhance employability outcomes for individuals. The TeSA Programme Office is set up within IMDA to develop and drive various manpower development programmes.
One of the key TeSA programmes, Company Led Training (CLT) programme, is now hiring as part of our scaling up efforts. The CLT programme is an initiative to catalyse private-sector companies to co-invest in developing tech professionals. The programme aims to enable fresh to senior level professionals to acquire tech specialist, expert or leadership competencies for jobs in demand by industry, especially those that support the efforts in transforming Singapore into a Digital Economy.
Roles and Responsibilities
1) Overall programme and project management. To oversee CLT projects with industry partners on the development, administration, regular tracking and reporting of the programme.
2) Company and Stakeholder Sourcing and Engagement. Sourcing and engagement of companies to develop new proposals, engagement of various stakeholders such as industry associations, government agencies, training partners, to create new training and job placement opportunities for Singaporean. This will include shaping of company proposals and training plans, obtaining approval for projects, management of project implementation and budget including change requests, and tracking of implementation outcomes.
3) Trainee Management and Tracking. Partner participating companies to recruit and onboard new trainees, management of trainee issues, tracking trainee progress, surveying and tracking of outcomes of trainees before, during and post project implementation.
4) Other duties as assigned. As part of the larger TeSA Programme Office, you may be assigned various special projects and tasks to stretch your potential into other areas of work in industry talent development or projects within IMDA.
Qualification and Requirements
1) Be passionate in talent development work in the area of tech skills and jobs.
2) Possess good project development and management skills, such as:
- Manage projects within timeline and meeting/exceeding KPIs set
- Able to work under tight timelines and budget, and multi-task across projects
- Being meticulous in managing operations, with eye for details and anticipate issues
- Have good people skills (for example in company and trainee engagement), with strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Agile and innovative to cope with rapid changes in terms of tech evolution and stakeholder requirements
- Resilient to push-backs, ability to resolve conflicts with finesse and negotiate for win-win outcomes
- Able to look at the larger picture and discuss strategies, while being excellent in dealing with day-to-day minute operations which require order and structure for governance
3) Good communication skills with the ability to engage industry stakeholders effectively through various business communications channels, including in-person interactions, presentations and proposal writing.
- Proactive and positive attitude towards work goals and ability to work in a team, and across teams.
Position will commensurate with experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Closing on 14 Jun 2021