Senior Manager – System Architect / Project Team Lead
INFO-COMMUNICATIONS MEDIA DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Telecoms Cybersecurity Engineering and Specialist Office in IMDA is the cybersecurity arm that identifies the future-state cybersecurity development roadmap and executes greenfield initiatives to uplift the cybersecurity posture of the Infocomm and Media (ICM) sectors.
You will be lead a team to conceptualise, architect and initiate greenfield cybersecurity projects, define security architecture for next-generation infocomm technologies, and develop niche cybersecurity tech capabilities for the ICM sectors.
The successful candidate shall be responsible, among others, to:
- Lead the team in the conceptualisation, architecting, solutioning, and system development for cybersecurity ICT projects.
- Perform cybersecurity risk assessment for the ICT systems as part of system architecting, and incorporate security controls that commensurates the system cybersecurity risks.
- Work with the user/operations team to conceptualise, define requirements, procure, manage and deploy the required ICT systems(s).
- Code and configure prototypes for ICT systems for proof of concepts, where necessary.
- Ensure that ICT systems are compliant with government security policies and guidelines, fulfil all business requirements and are adequately tested, patched, and securely configured prior to commissioning.
- Oversee the conduct of pre-commissioning security testing, reviews and/or audits.
- Oversee and manage all funding and assets related to the ICT systems developed.
- Develop documentations required for hand-over of the business application(s) to the IMDA user or operations team.
- Lead the operationalisation of the business system(s).
- Provide consultancy advice and guidance to IMDA teams on related technical areas.
- Evaluate, process and execute all system change requests raised.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Background in Computer Science / Computing / Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 12 years of relevant working experience in developing, deploying or managing ICT applications and systems on various operating platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux), virtualization platforms (e.g. HyperV, VMware), and software-defined networking platforms.
- Knowledge of network connectivity architecture (e.g. WAN, LAN), tools, technologies, security controls, and data centre management is required.
- Familiar with cloud deployment models and application security in cloud environment.
- Knowledge and implementation experience of the Government Instruction Manual for IT Management (IM8) and WOG baseline standards, particularly for networking related policies and procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of big data analytics platform will be beneficial.
- Candidates with minimally ITIL foundation certificate in IT service management, and CISSP is preferred.
- Proficiency with coding and DBMS languages such as C, C++, Java, Python, Go, SQL, etc, and Linux CLI will have an added advantage.
- Understand the threat models and security risks for application systems
- Experience in leading a team, managing multiple vendors and engaging senior stakeholders are preferred.
- Able to work both independently or with multiple teams.
- Able to show motivation and initiative, problem-solve, be flexible, and handle multiple projects.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Possess good written, communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with government security requirements and/or processes (e.g. procurement) will have an added advantage.
The position will commensurate with experience
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
Closing on 20 May 2021