Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
SECRETLAB SG PTE. LTD.
S$6000 - S$10000
Secretlab is an international gaming chair brand seating over a million users worldwide, with our key markets in the United States, Europe and Singapore, where we are headquartered.
You will be a valued member in our award-winning Product team, responsible for creating products for consumers across over 60 countries. This dynamic role requires an intense passion for problem-solving through innovative mechanical designs which are feasible for manufacturing.
Our Product team is involved with all Secretlab’s industry-leading designs, including collaborative efforts with world-renowned brands such as Game of Thrones, Batman, Cloud9, Team Secret, as well as international esports organisers such as Riot Games for their League of Legends global tournaments.
Your key responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Design innovative concepts to solve & improve on ergonomic & assembly issues.
- Drafting designs in CAD (Solidworks)
- Prototype & test the concepts to verify their functionality, performance & durability.
- Work closely with the design team to develop their ideas into plausible concepts.
- Design For Manufacturing & Assembly (DFX)
- Output all relevant files and documentation for our suppliers (CAD & Engineering Drawings)
- Advise relevant teams on materials & manufacturing processes.
- Work with external engineering consultancies for specialist engineering projects.
- Assist the project managers with the communication of product specifications with our suppliers.
- Assist quality and reliability engineers to identify and propose solutions for product failures.
- Travel to the factory when necessary
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-8 years' experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer, preferably with exposure to consumer goods, furniture, dynamic mechanisms. Applicants with more extensive experiences may also be considered
- High level of proficiency in CAD (Solidworks, pro-e, inventor)
- An expert in a wide range of manufacturing processes and materials
- Extensive first-hand experience working at contract manufacturers and their suppliers
- Very hands on with prototyping and testing
- Have a very creative yet pragmatic approach to design engineering
- Knowledge of our company's industry
- Experience performing design for high-volume manufacturing
- Keen eye for good design
- Prior experience in a relevant industry such as the consumer furniture space
- Based in Singapore but with exposure to international markets
- Flexible hours, annual leaves, etc.
Closing on 18 Dec 2021