Senior Project Manager
VMWARE SINGAPORE PTE. LTD.
S$9000 - S$15000
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
We need someone who loves leading and managing projects, solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You will lead and drive projects impacting customer number one, our employees. The projects under your management impact our employees and help provide an innovative and delightful user experience.
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
We want someone with a passion who can jump in and make an immediate impact on our projects. You are a strong Project manager with deep experience in mid-size to large IT projects that involves complex objectives and have multiple cross-site/cross-functional sponsors, owners and team members.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing? (Career path at VMware)
· You will be required to develop detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports by balancing the business needs with technical constraints
· You will manage the project through both agile and waterfall delivery models; to execute to plan and deliver within budget and schedule
· You have the ability to reset, pivot and re-plan when requirements change while keeping partners on the same page
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis? (Tactical everyday job, talk to your project team about what they do on a daily basis)-Look at your team’s LinkedIn profiles-just a thought
· You will spend your time working cross-functionally to define requirements, schedule, resource plans, integration plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential setbacks.
· You are comfortable working with finance and managing medium to large projects
· You see the big picture and deliver on requirements by understanding and balancing contending demands for program scope, schedule, budget, risk, and quality.
· You foster an environment conducive to delivery of high-quality products and problem-free implementations using documented, repeatable standard methodologies.
· You have a good understanding of Technology concepts, prior experience in Colleague Experience or End User Computing
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be part of the Colleague Experience and Technology Project Management Office. The CET PMO organization is the focal point of contact for all IT groups, and acts as the single interface between REW (Real Estate & Workforce), Finance, Audio Visual and IT Operation Teams to standardize processes, procedures, and vendors. Headed by Chris Mullen, the team prides itself on having delivered delightful user experiences for our colleagues through collaborative and innovative execution of our project portfolio. We appreciate our teams diverse skillsets and backgrounds that may complement your own.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please find some of them below. You can also view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
· 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
Closing on 28 Sep 2021