SINGAPORE TELECOMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
S$4500 - S$9000
The Specialist, Database SME is responsible for the build and migration of various DBs running on Oracle, MS SQL and MySQL. Applying an integrated approach to design and implementation by working together with the Infrastructure Solution Designer within a formal method and framework, the candidate ensures consistent and compatible solutions are produced. The solutions developed should be in line with the Infrastructure Enterprise Architecture to meet the Technology Infrastructure (TI) strategic objectives.
Based on the non-functional requirements, the candidate will create solutions in line with the overall Infrastructure Platforms Roadmap. By working closely with his/her colleagues, the Specialist, Database SME ensures that the Infrastructure solutions make the best use of the technology platforms to meet the business requirements. In addition to the non-functional requirements, the solutions are delivered at optimal cost using the appropriate technology platforms.
- Producing an integrated solution covering all areas and in line with the TI strategy
- Design and implement effective database solutions
- Validating and identifying database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications and test coding.
- Assess database design and implementation of Applications to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate team members through training and individual support.
- Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner
- Working closely with the Infrastructure Project Team (IPO) on project engagements
- Working with Infrastructure Designers to provide a consensus based enterprise outcome that is scalable, adaptable and in line with ever changing business needs
- Document and communicate Enterprise Infrastructure strategies and standards
- Ensure solution compliance and integration with enterprise architecture and Infosec policy for Infrastructure and Security systems by reviewing and advising on new and existing Information Technology projects
- Providing advice and guidance to management during planning phases to ensure that non-functional requirements are included in the overall specifications
- Providing advice and guidance to all areas of IT and Business Management, analysts, planners, designers and developers on all aspects of databases.
- Playing a major role in the selection of any new IT, infrastructure or technology solution
- Create and document the solution using the existing Infrastructure Standard Platforms and Design Patterns
- Maintaining a knowledge base to ensure database intellectual property is retained
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- OCP, certification in MS SQL, MySQL
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Oracle DB, MS SQL, MySQL administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Extensive experience and implementation knowledge in common Database platform like Oracle RAC, MSSQL Always On & MySQL Cluster & Dynamo DB
- Experience in performing database upgrades and migration, as well as excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning skill is a must.
- Formulating and executing SQL scripts to perform query jobs, data patches, statistics and reports.
- Understanding of project and program management planning and methodologies
Closing on 29 Sep 2021