System Engineer (Unix)
FCS CAREERS PTE. LTD.
Permanent, Full Time
S$5000 - S$6500
About the Company
Our Client is a global leader in system integration, data centre management and digital transformation.
We’re looking for a hands-on Systems Engineer with experience in Unix system administration to be part of an infrastructure operations and maintenance team.
- Provide level 2 support for software and hardware issues;
- Manage and monitor systems and infrastructure;
- Install and upgrade Unix systems on services and devices;
- Implement system policies including recovery and security policies;
- Apply patches and upgrades to systems as necessary;
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure that systems meet high levels of availability;
- Be on standby for urgent matters and perform hands-on troubleshooting as required.
- Diploma or Degree in information technology or computer engineering;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Strong familiarity with Unix systems, with hands-on experience in Unix commands;
- Exposure to Solaris and IBM AIX would be a huge advantage;
- Understanding of network principles would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in Shell script;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision;
- Good communication skills.
- Permanent role;
- Various locations in Singapore;
- 5-day work week, regular working hours;
- Requires 24/7 phone-standby duties.
Get in touch with us
If you’d like to explore this opportunity, please reach out to Cleon Tan (R1547199) at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
FCS CAREERS PTE LTD (EA 94C4359)
Closing on 10 Feb 2021