Systems Analyst (GIS Software Engineer)
URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) is Singapore’s planning authority. Our mission is to make Singapore a great city to live, work and play. We plan and facilitate the physical development of Singapore, in partnership with agencies and the community, to create a vibrant, sustainable and cosmopolitan city of distinction.
URA has undergone a digitalization journey to harness Geospatial and Data Analytics for more data-informed planning. URA was recognized as a leading organization in Digital Transformation and was the Asia Pacific 2017 regional DX Leader in Talent Acceleration, as well as the 2019 PSD Public Sector Transformation – Business Transformation Award recipient. URA is embarking on a Digitalization 2.0 effort, to go beyond Urban Analytics to use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in our Future Planning Processes.
About Information Systems, Applications Department
Be part of the URA Information Systems, Application Department, where we partner closely with our Groups to plan, design, develop and deploy enterprise IT systems, e-Services, mobile apps and web portals to support work process transformation and improve service delivery for our external customers. In addition to providing IT advisory and support to continually improve our IT systems to ensure its relevance and capability to meet changing business needs, we also constantly explore new digital technologies and possibilities via collaboration with key industry players to advance strategic deployment of ICT in URA.
About the job
You will be a member of the Applications Development team, working with passionate Systems Analysts, using agile software development and DevOps processes, to implement quality and secured IT systems and digital services that enable business innovations and focus on good user experience. You will work closely with internal user groups (Urban Planners, Architects, Policy Analysts and Operations Managers) to improve business processes and develop/enhance our e-services and digital urban planning & design systems for land-use and urban planning and design works. You will be supported by experienced Project Managers, UX Designers, GIS Administrators, Infrastructure Engineers, Contract Programmers and Outsourced Vendors, to design, develop and deploy usable, reliable and secured digital solutions, on a hybrid cloud environment.
- Enterprise Geographic Information System for land use planning
- Workflow system for planning applications, consultation and evaluation
- Map-centric web application to support long-term planning work, scenario planning and inter-agency consultation on land use proposals
- URA Space (URA’s public map-based information and services portal) enhancements
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines. In the alternative, candidates should have at least an additional 1 years of relevant experience
- Working experience in front-end web development
- Working experience with Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies and/or ESRI ArcGIS products (ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal)
- Self-motivated, highly independent and passionate about developing geospatial web applications and using geospatial technologies to improve work processes
- Able to work well within team and willing to learn
- Effective presentation, communication and writing skills
Apart from software development, you should expect the following:
- Exciting, enriching and fast pace working environment
- Exploring new technologies to meet business needs.
- Understanding business needs and processes to propose digital solutions
- Designing and implementing interactive digital services
- Developing scripts to automate build, software release, and application deployment
- Managing interesting application projects
Added advantage with below skills:
- Experience with agile development and DevOps processes
- Experience with Azure PaaS, including DevOps, App Services and container implementation
- Experience with open source 3D/GIS technology stack (e.g. GeoServer, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Cesium.JS)
- Experience with ESRI CityEngine
- Experience with 3D and Building Information Modelling (BIM) technologies
Appointment will commensurate with experience and entry-level applicants are welcome to apply.
Closing on 17 May 2021