Systems Analyst (Java and Web Developer - MUI)
URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) is Singapore’s planning authority. Our mission is to make Singapore a great city to live, work and play. We plan and facilitate the physical development of Singapore, in partnership with agencies and the community, to create a vibrant, sustainable and cosmopolitan city of distinction.
URA has undergone a digitalization journey to harness Geospatial and Data Analytics for more data-informed planning. URA was recognized as a leading organization in Digital Transformation, and was the Asia Pacific 2017 regional DX Leader in Talent Acceleration, as well as the 2019 PSD Public Sector Transformation – Business Transformation Award recipient. URA is embarking on a Digitalization 2.0 effort, to go beyond Urban Analytics to use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in our Future Planning Processes.
About Information Systems, Applications Department
Be part of the URA Information Systems, Application Department, where we partner closely with our Groups to plan, design, develop and deploy enterprise IT systems, e-Services, mobile apps and web portals to support work process transformation and improve service delivery for our external customers. In addition to providing IT advisory and support to continually improve our IT systems to ensure its relevance and capability to meet changing business needs, we also constantly explore new digital technologies and possibilities via collaboration with key industry players to advance strategic deployment of ICT in URA.
About the job
You will be a member of the Applications development team, working with passionate Systems Analysts, using agile software development and DevOps processes, to implement quality IT systems and digital services that enable business innovations and focus on good user experience. You will work closely with user groups (Urban Planners, Property and Policy Analysts, Car Park and Operations Managers) to improve business processes and develop/enhance our e-services and IT systems. You will be supported by experienced Project Managers, UX Designers, Infrastructure Engineers, Contract Programmers and Outsourced Vendors, to design, develop and deploy usable, reliable and secured digital solutions on a hybrid cloud environment. You will be part of a new development team to implement and enhance an eService portal and workflow/processing systems for an inter-agency digital transformation project, focusing on the property sector, using Azure cloud platform.
- New carpark management systems
- New property and land management systems
- New unit-level database and related eservices
- Case processing workflow system for development applications
- URA Space (URA’s public map-based information and services portal) enhancements
- New eservices and enhancements on Azure Cloud
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related disciplines. In the alternative, candidates should have at least an additional 1 year of relevant experience in:
- Java, JSP, Spring MVC & Framework, Hibernate Framework, Spring Boot, Maven
- Tomcat, Weblogic
- Oracle Database 12c, Microsoft SQL Server
- Self-motivated, highly independent and passionate with development work
- Able to work well within team and willing to learn
- Effective presentation, communication and writing skills
Apart from software development, you should expect the following:
- Exciting, enriching and fast pace working environment
- Exploring new technologies to meet business needs.
- Understanding business needs and processes to propose digital solutions
- Designing and implementing interactive digital services
- Developing scripts to automate build, software release, and application deployment
- Managing interesting application projects
Added advantage with below skills:
- Experience with agile development and DevOps processes
- Experience with Azure PaaS, including DevOps, App Services and container implementation
- Experience with ReactJS, Redux, Leaflet, Bootstrap, Leaflet, Google Maps APIs, OneMap v2.0 APIs
Appointment will commensurate with experience and entry-level applicants are welcome to apply.
Closing on 06 Jul 2021