Systems Engineer, Smart District (Contract)
Information Technology, Public / Civil Service
S$5000 - S$8000
- Working with multiple stakeholders to determine system requirements, ddevelopment of functional design specifications, software design specifications, control schematics and engineering documentation.
- Liaising with vendors and keeping relevant stakeholders up to date with developments.
- Interface design, implementation and testing between various systems using Modbus, BACNet, OPC, MQTT or other protocols.
- Programing and testing of software of edge interface modules such as PLC or Java applications.
- Setting, installing, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Site testing and commissioning
- Perform software rectification work for ad-hoc jobs.
- Define and analyse users’ needs, tackle departmental requirements, make suggestions on improvements
- Qualifications in Engineering (Electrical/ Electronics/ Automation / Building Technology) or computer science
- Knowledge of PLCs and Java programming.
- Prior experience in building, industrial automation, process automation, and/or robotic systems
- Prior experience with BMS/ACMV/Elevator/Electric Vehicle Charger/Smart Grid/Plumbing/Sanitary/Smart utility meter/carpark system in the facility management is advantageous.
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols (Modbus, OPC, BACNet) will be an added advantage
- A resourceful individual with good organisation, time management, problem-solving skills and a team player.
- Able to work during weekends or night jobs occasionally when required.
Closing on 07 Jul 2021