UC TECH PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Information Technology
S$4000 - S$9500
- Perform OS patching for large number of servers (>1,000) (patching sessions include weekends).
- Execute semi-automated OS patching scripts on patching day, escalate to Tech Lead on site, as needed.
- Carry out preparation checks prior to mass patching session
- Record issues encountered during preparation checks and patching day.
- Assist Tech Lead in following up on patching day incidents e.g. investigate root cause, preventative measures, testing proposed solutions etc.
- Work closely with infrastructure team engineers (especially System Administrators).
- Proactive attitude in addressing and follow up on issues.
- Willingness to learn different Operating Systems and scripting languages.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable in communicating with many different teams.
- System administration background in Linux (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux).
- Basic scripting skill in one of the below will be added advantage:
- Linux/Unix (bash, korn shell).
- Windows (powershell, vb script).
- Familiarity with at least one of the following platforms (in addition to Linux) will be added advantage:
- Windows Server.
- VMware vSphere.
Closing on 27 Oct 2021