Technical Lead (Web Crawler)
ETHOS SEARCH ASSOCIATES PTE. LTD.
S$6000 - S$7800
This will be a continuously renewable contract position based in Bedok.
Scope of Work:
- responsible to ensure all the applications systems remain in good working order.
- support new application systems when they become operational.
- respond to production emergencies in a timely manner. This includes bringing up the server (in a crash) or system processes, fixing problems or finding workarounds.
- perform routine checks and to escalate any anomaly detected, alert and conduct troubleshooting together with other system engineers, database administrator (DBA) and outsourced vendors.
- meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines.
- follow through every issue / problem till closure; and complete the necessary documentation
- assist users and answer queries regarding the supported operational systems.
- interact with the helpdesk agents, end-users and external vendors during application support and problem resolution.
- standby support on weekends / public holidays. In the event of scheduled downtime or during a crash, required to be in office during off-office-hours to support the systems.
- make some code changes/ enhancements that arise from service requests.
- tracking and management of the project timelines and resources that he/she has been assigned to undertake.
- understudy and undertake the development of new applications and maintenance of any existing systems
- work independently with minimum supervision, also work effectively as a team member among the system support and application development teams.
- bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- EIGHT (8) years of work experience in IT development, with exposure to end-to-end software development lifecycle EIGHT (8) years of development and system support on Open source development platform
- EIGHT (8) years of JAVA development experience using JDK 1.7 and above.
- EIGHT (8) years of development experience on Linux/Apache/MySQL/Php/Perl (LAMP).
- EIGHT (8) years of working experience with one or more of the following relational databases and be proficient in using SQL.
- EIGHT (8) years of experience on web crawler development, administration and support.
- strong in writing shell scripts to automate deployment and maintenance of the applications both in standalone and cluster environments.
- FIVE (5) years of experience in leading a team of developers and support engineers.
- FIVE (5) years of experience in development and system support on SOLR search engine, HADOOP Big Data, Heritrix Crawler and OpenWayBack.
- experience in Digital Preservation System, e.g. Rosetta
- experience in developing applications using SOAP and/or REST based web services and APIs.
- experience in analytical tools, e.g. Splunk.
- experience in cloud-based (AWS/Azure/GCP) implementations.
- work experience in WOGAA analytics and AWStats.
- FIVE (5) years of experience and be proficient in:
- a) Requirements and impact analysis
- b) IT operational support
- c) Project management support
- FIVE (5) year of work experience in Singapore
Closing on 13 Mar 2021