VMware and Hybrid Cloud Lead (Data Centre) 2286
CTES CONSULTING PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$12000
Our client is actively searching for a VMware and Hybrid Cloud Lead, Prinicipal Engineer (Data Centre) to join their team!
If you are a dynamic individual seeking a new career opportunity, read further!
As the leading University in Asia, our mission is to spearhead the development of reliable, secure, versatile, high-performing infrastructure and to deploy innovative solutions that not only support the University function but also serve as enabler that help transform education and move towards a Smarter Campus.
The University present an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and passionate IT professional to join us in this journey to explore and deploy innovative technologies to achieve data centre transformation goals of moving towards a more agile, secure,operationally efficient and sustainable datacentre.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Analyse, Design, Plan, Enhance and Implement the VMware virtualize and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. Identify trends and emerging issues potentially impacting our service delivery and, where necessary, make recommendation on alternative courses of action or to rectify the issues promptly.
- Conduct capacity planning, infrastructure performance analysis and optimization, introduce improvements and enhancement to existing infrastructure and processes.
- Responding to project team needs of IT compute resources and operational support requirement leveraging on on-premises or hybrid cloud resources taking into consideration the technical requirement, security, cost effectivenessand sustainability. Providing technical solution, design best practices and advising on operational consideration to project team using the infrastructure.
- Provide L2 / L3 support and oversee the infrastructure operational team in the proper administration and timely resolution of critical incident. Perform root cause analysis, present problem report finding and follow through the preventive recommendation.
- Perform operational and administration support of VMware or Hybrid Cloud infrastructure and services. Maintaining relevant documents and code control relating to SDDC infrastructure.
- Plan procurement schedule, develop technical requirement specifications and carry out procurement activities to ensure required hardware and software is procured successfully and timely.
- Conduct regular training, briefing and engagement sessions with department IT administrators and applications team on infrastructure services, offering and best practices.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following qualities and experience:
- A relevant university degree with at least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant experiences as technical lead in providing solution and participate in infrastructure deployment projects.
- At least 2 years of relevant experiences in managing outsource operational vendor.
- More than 5 years’ of day 2 operational support and/or implementation hand on experience on VMware vSphere, VMware Cloud Foundation and vRealize Suite of product and solutions.
- Good technical knowledge with hands on experience preferred in at least one or more of the following technologies:VMware NSX
VMWare vRealize Automation
VMware Cloud on AWS and HCX
- Good technical knowledge, exposure and prefer hand on experiences on AWS and Azure Cloud native services such as Compute, Containers, Storage, Networking, Developer Tools, Serverless, Security and etc.
- Strong understanding of IT related services, processes and the governance that encompassed them.
- Certification VMWare Certified Professional VCAP or/and AWS Certified Solution Architect, will be an added advantage.
- Experiences in procurement activities is an advantage.
- Able to work with a diversified and high performing team and align to business objectives and outcomes.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail with the ability to deep dive when required. Able to priorities what technologies and services have more significance in the infrastructure over others and understanding and defining the technology stack.
- Self-motivated and results oriented with excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills.
An exciting career awaits the right candidate! Click "Quick Apply" to register your interest now.
All applicants' CV will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing on 16 Dec 2021